Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Look at 2008

It has been a long time since my last posting, but I am back to give you an update on our many travels. The year 2008 was fun and adventurous and as a result, we have made many exciting memories that we hold very close to our hearts. The year in travels included Japan, Las Vegas, a few trips to Oakland, family vacation, Peru, the Carribbean, and many trips to Utah. I have posted many pictures below. It was very difficult to pick only a few out of hundreds of pictures, but here they are. Please enjoy and if you would like to see more pictures of one of our trips, please let us know!




Our cruise to the Carribbean! - November 2008
This involved a flight to Miami, cruising to Puerto Rico, St. Thomas and St. Martin

Formal night before dinner. Our entire schedule was based on our meals.


The Cruise ship!


This is my favorite picture. Here we are on St. John at one of the most beautiful beaches!


Puerto Rico





Trip to Peru - September 2008
Kurt, Kyle, and I flew through Los Angeles and connected in Lima where we met up with Keith and continued on to Cusco. We stayed one night in Cusco, then hiked the Inka trail to Machu Picchu. We then stayed one night in Aguas Calientes, then returned to Cusco before going on a 3-day rafting trip on the Apuramac.

Downtown Cusco - approx. 12,000 ft in elevation. We had a bit of elevation sickness - Kurt had a headache much of the time and I felt sick after every meal, but the Coca tea helped a bit.

Other ruins on the Inka Trail

Machu Picchu - amazing!


I think I was making that face the entire rafting trip!

The scenery was amazing!

We could not get enough. I could have stayed on the river for another 3 days!


Humphrey Family Vacation at Fort Worden State Park - July 2008


The infamous matching shirts



Mom always loves to dance!




Johnny during the costume relay race. I laughed so hard...and so did mom!

A quick trip to Las Vegas!

New York Hotel

The musical fountains!

Japan Trip - February 2008
This included Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Osake, and Hiroshima

Kinkakuji - The Golden Temple

The most amazing toilet you'll ever use!

Fish for breakfast in Tokyo


Kyoto


3 comments:

Fox's x 3 said...

Love the face when you were on your rafting trip. It made me laugh. Paris said it looks like a face Hannah would make. Thanks for the pictures and next time you should make each trip a post so I can see more pictures!

Haynsy said...

See, updating your blog is easy!

I envy you for your energy to go on such a trip. Looked like fun.

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

Love your pics. Do you mind if I add you to my blog list under friends? :)